The Zoning Inspector is appointed by the Mayor to enforce the Zoning Code. The Zoning Inspector is charged with the issuance of permits and enforcement of violations for alterations, repair, removal, demolition, equipment, use and occupancy, location of buildings and structure in accordance with the Village Zoning Code and State Law.
Please contact the Zoning Inspector if you have any questions regarding Zoning, Zoning Permits, or would like to report a violation.
Zoning Inspector – Jeremy Shaffer ( also, Village Administrator) Phone: (440) 466-8197.
- Demolitions permits must be obtained from the Ashtabula County Building Department.
- Demolition permit must be presented to Village Zoning Inspector.
- Permit holder must contact Village Wastewater Department to arrange inspection of sealed sewer lateral.
- Click here to download the Geneva-on-the-Lake Zoning Code.
- Don’t know what your property is zoned? Please refer to the Village Zoning Map-2020.
- If you need a zoning permit, please print, fill out, and return the ZONING PERMIT APPLICATION along with the appropriate fee to Village Hall.
- Coastal Guidance for construction or development along Ohio’s Lake Erie shore available at this link.
***Note: Commercial and Residential Building Codes are administered by the Ashtabula County Building Department. If your project requires a building permit please contact their office. If both a building permit and zoning permit are required, you must obtain a zoning permit from the Village first.
Ashtabula County Building Department – click here to visit website
25 West Jefferson Street Jefferson, OH 44047-1027 (440) 576-3737
Ashtabula County Health Department – click here to visit website
12 West Jefferson Street Jefferson, OH 44047-1027 (440) 576-6010